Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ryan's First Day of Preschool

Ryan started his second and final year of preschool on Sept 5. He has a longer day at school this year than last. He starts at 9:30 and gets picked up at 2:30, three days a week. I thought he would love school this year, just like last year. He did summer camp this past summer with this teacher and he has lots of friends in his class. Boy, was I wrong! I dropped him off on the first day, took lots of pictures, went inside with him, took more pictures, gave him a hug and kiss and left. When I picked him up that day he said he cried at school. He told me he missed me and that the day was too long. I thought it would be a one time thing and the more he went to school, the better he would be. It is actually quite the opposite. From the moment he wakes up on a school day he asks if he is going to school. If the answer is yes, he will whine and cry until we get to school. Once we get to school he has a full-fledged breakdown sobbing saying he doesn't want to go. Each day I hand him to the teacher as he grasps onto me for dear life. I hug and kiss him and leave. It is a horrible way to start the day, and I feel terrible leaving him. I know he is better after I leave but hearing your child cry and prying him off of you is never a great feeling. When I pick him up from school he is excited to see me, and will always say that he had a great time. I'm hoping it will get better soon, but we are about a month into school and it is still the same. Ugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.