Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mama, Mommy, Mom

I was so happy when Ryan started calling me mommy. I don't know why it means so much to me, probably because sometimes it feels surreal that I am somebody's mommy. When Ryan first started to call me anything it was mama. Shortly after I became mommy. It is always so sweet to hear him call for me, "Mommy!" Now he is very close to two years old and exhibiting 2 year old behavior. A few weeks ago I was at a mommy and me workout class, and Ryan was in the stroller waiting for me to finish stretching and let him out. He was getting impatient, which I understood. He started calling me, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." I kept telling him hold on I'm almost done. Then my very sweet almost two year old yells, "Mommy, MOM, MOM, MOM!" I looked at him and said in my very serious mommy voice," I am mommy, call me mommy, I am not mom!" I mean seriously! I know one day I will be mom, and I accept that, but since he is still one I would like him to stay young and sweet and still call me mommy. I don't think this is too much to ask for. Apparently I made a huge deal out of him not calling me mom that one time, which he thinks is funny. Now if I don't answer him right away when he calls me mommy, then he yells MOM as loud as he can! Oh boy, the next year is going to be so much fun!

No comments: