Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Monday, January 5, 2009

Another New Year

I can hardly believe that we have started another new year. 2008 was filled with many blessings, but also some sadness. February brought Ryan into our lives. What a wonderful gift Sanjay and I were given! Ryan has truly changed our lives! He brings so much joy to us each and every day. When Ryan was 10 weeks old, I went back to work. There was nine weeks left in the school year. I knew I had to make a decision on whether I wanted to continue working or not. I loved my class, I loved my teaching partner, I was excited to continue teaching in this district, but I loved my baby more. In those 10 weeks I looked for signs as to whether or not I should return the following school year. The signs were loud and clear each Monday morning when I dropped Ryan off at daycare and cried all the way to work. I waited until summer to make my final decision. I had taught for nine years and now I felt like my life was taking a new direction and I should give this stay-at-home mom thing a try. This was the best decision I ever made. My hat is off to all you mommies who work and have little ones to take care of. I don't know how you do it all! By summer I enrolled Ryan in some classes and met some other stay-at-home moms. I am so glad I met other moms who are going through some of the same things I am. I think they have truly helped me stay sane. Summer time brought some uncertain times for many of our friends and family members. With the economy in such bad shape, many of our friends and family members lost their jobs. Thankfully some have found new jobs, but others are still looking for something. October brought our little guy's first Halloween. November brought Sanjay and my birthdays, a Cabo trip, our first overnight trip without Ryan, and Ryan's first Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday)! December brought Ryan's first Christmas. It was particularly special because all of our family was in town to celebrate together. However, this Christmas brought some sadness also. Ryan's great grandpa, who was in the hospital in the week leading up to Christmas, passed away two days after Christmas. Ryan was able to see him on Christmas day and the day after. Although we are all feeling this loss, I am especially saddened to think that Ryan will not remember the time he had with him. My grandpa loved all of his grandkids and great grandkids, and he was always so happy when we would come around, especially when we brought the little ones with us. We were blessed to have had the time that we did with him. This brings us to 2009. Another new year! I hope this year brings you love, laughter, good health, happiness, and success!

1 comment:

The Uribe Family said...

Tracy-
I am so sorry about your Grandfather. Reading your post made me cry and want to hug Nathan a little closer and tighter. Please tell your family that I'm thinking and praying for them.