Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Sunday, April 26, 2009

He Speaks...Actual Words!!

Ryan has been growing and changing so much these days. Several mommies from Ryan's classes have told me that Ryan no longer looks like a baby, he looks like a little boy. It is wonderful seeing my baby grow up, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I feel some sadness about Ryan no longer being a baby. However, I am enjoying this new phase with my grown up boy. He is now signing and talking like crazy. He can sign please, thank you, milk, apple, more, cheese, water, light, up, nice, and I love you. In addition to all of these signs, he is now speaking, actual words, not just dada and mama or repeating what we say. He now says the words and signs them at the same time. It is amazing to watch this little sponge that said, "Da" and pointed before, now say the words for different things. When we are outside he is the first person to spot a ball or a bird and wants everyone to know that he sees these things. Another thing Ryan has started doing is singing. In swim class we sing the ABC's and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. The other day we (my mother-in-law and I) were singing in the car. We stopped singing and started talking. When he thought we were no longer paying any attention to him, Ryan started singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Parts of the song were very clear and other parts were jargon sung to the tune of the song. My mother-in-law and I looked at each other with huge grins on our faces and we started laughing. It was the cutest thing. He then started singing the ABC's, well mostly the end of the song,"Now I know my ABC's..." you get the point. I thought it was just a one off thing until today when I was on the phone with my mom and he started to sing again. It was nice that both grandmas had the opportunity to hear him sing. I love being able to communicate with Ryan. I no longer have to guess if he is hungry or thirsty, he will tell me exactly what he wants, or doesn't want for that matter. I guess it's not so bad that he is growing up. I know that there are so many things to look forward to as he grows up. But, he'll always be my baby!

No comments: