Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not the Best Blogger Around


I feel like my blog posts come in spurts. I manage to blog a lot, then I am gone for awhile. It's not that there isn't anything going on right now that I have to blog about, it's quite the opposite. There is so much going on that I just can't keep up. Ryan continues to be a "normal," active 17 month old. He has been doing some things lately that just crack me up. His room, which I thought was childproofed, is not. I left Ryan in his room last week so I could run to my room and change clothes. (I can see into his room from mine, it is not far away, it is literally separated by our washer/dryer closet.) I had the monitor on and noticed that it had become mysteriously quiet. Anyone who has kids knows this is not a good sign. I walked to his room and peeked in, and there was Ryan, laying on the queen size guest bed in his room reading a book. It was a funny sight to see! He just pulled himself right up on the bed and got comfortable. He is now doing this all the time and would rather be on the bed then on the floor playing with his toys.

Yesterday we were driving in the car and he was talking up a storm, mostly just babble. Then, clear as can be, he sighed and said, "Oh Mama," I just had to laugh. He must have known it was one of those days!

Another thing that makes me smile is when I ask Ryan about his body parts. "Ryan, where are your eyes?" He says, "Eyes," and points to them. The best is his nose, "Ryan where is your nose?" He points to his nose, says,"Nose," then runs towards me, grabs my cheeks and wants to rub our noses together. I think people refer to this as an Eskimo kiss. It is so sweet. He doesn't just do this to me, he does this to his Daddy, to his best buddy, Tyler and to Tyler's mom, too. If you are ever around Ryan, be careful when asking him where his nose is.

Slowly but surely I will blog more often. I have a lot to say, but not enough time to sit down and type. There is more to come, really there is!

No comments: