Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Social Butterfly

Ryan has always been a friendly child. He waves to people when they wave at him, he smiles and laughs at strangers who talk to him. Now that he has started to talk more I think he thinks it is his job to welcome people at any establishment that we are at. We were at the grocery store just the other day and a man walked in the door. Ryan says, "Hi!" and starts to wave at the man. Then today we were walking into a shoe store and a man crossed our path, "Hi!" Ryan said to the man. Also any time people are getting into a car, Ryan has begun to associate this with people leaving so he tells these strangers, "Bye, bye." My favorite thing has to be in the morning when Sanjay leaves for work Ryan always says, "Bye, bye,Daddy!" It is the cutest thing! Sanjay will then come back and ask Ryan for another hug before he leaves. And, finally, today he realized that I am Mama and actually said it to me. Sanjay was taking Ryan upstairs to the bath while I was cleaning the kitchen and he looked at me and said, "Bye, bye Mama!" Finally, he actually called me Mama! I don't know who he thought I was before, as he did not call me anything, but now I am officially Mama!

1 comment:

Rebecca, aka Mommy & Aunt Bec said...

Cute cute cute story! I think they have the sweetest little voices. I know you'll always remember that moment.