Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Summer 2012

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan
Easter 2011

Ryan and Regan

Ryan and Regan

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Phrases

Ryan has started to put words together into basic phrases. As I mentioned in a previous post, "Bye, bye Daddy," and "Bye, bye Mama," are two we hear often, even if we are just leaving the room to go to the bathroom. Some other new favorites are, "Thank you, Mama/Daddy," and "There you go." Thank you has to be my favorite because first thing in the morning when Ryan wakes up, he wants milk and he wanted it 5 minutes ago. I cannot get him milk fast enough. I usually have him help me by opening and closing the refrigerator to distract him while I pour his milk. As soon as I give him his bottle (Yes he is still on the bottle, no judgement, please) he says, "Thank you, Mama," and then starts drinking his milk. "There you go," is reserved for times when Ryan decides to share with others, be it children or mommy and daddy. He will hand over a toy and say, "There you go." I guess that is a phrase that I say often and he has started to use the same phrase. Time to make sure I use "kid appropriate" language!

No comments: